Monday, December 1, 2008

I Give Thanks for my Family

It's Monday and I don't want to Bill out to insurances companies right now so I'm going to Blog instead. That is the nice thing about working for yourself. You can totally slack and it's all good. We had a very fun Thanksgiving Day in Santa Cruz with our friends. We played in the annual Ward Spam Football Bowl, played soccer, and surfed. After working up an appetite friends came together at the O'Donovan's home for an smorgasbord of food. I made ginger bread with pumkin butter and Silvia made her amazing twice baked squash bowls.











The next day we meet The Eyre and Vassallo Family at Six Flags Marine World. The excitement was evident with Lexi peeing her pants as soon as we went through the gates. But no pee was going to slow us down. Before we knew it, we were riding Thomas the train, watching dolphins fly through the air, and hearing Mike puke after riding the roller coasters.

While Silvia was riding on the submarine ride with Lexi, Silvia whispered to Lexi "I'm scared" Lexi grabbed Silvia's hand and said, "Don't worry I'll protect you." In the middle of the ride Silvia said, "Lexi I'm scared." Lexi replied in a soft motherly voice, "Siiiiiliva don't forget what I said. . . . I'll protect you."

We spent the rest of the Thanksgiving weekend hanging in P-town with the rest of the Klan. I Love Family. We have so much fun together and those nieces and nephews are so dang funny. It's hard to get back to the normal grind.

4 comments:

sterlingandbrandi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sterlingandbrandi said...

Hey Justin! I'm so glad you found our blog! I have now happily searched all of your posts and feel kind of caught up on what's been going on with you. Sterling is a good husband and won't admit this to me, but I know he is secretly so jealous that you have a hot Brazilian wife! He keeps hoping I'll learn portguese, but so far its a no go. Did you serve in Brazil too? You guys look so happy together though, I'm so glad to see it. I love blogs just for the fact that you can find out about friends that you haven't seen in forever. Do you still see Trevor and Molly? It sounds like you still see Anthony Vassallo, who I know Sterling wishes he had kept in contact with. Anyway, thanks for the comment!

Brandi

heidikins said...

Um, I would like the recipe for twice-baked squash bowls, those look absolutely delicious!!

I'm so glad you had a lovely Thanksgiving!

xox

Mayra Concha Veneroni said...

Hellooooooooo queridaaaa!!
Contagem regressiva hein!!Ainda bem q nao vamos viajar...essa eh minha ultima semana no trampo e depois to de ferias!!Ai poderemos saiir iupiiiiii!!
Nao vejo a hora!! vou te mandar meus telefones por depoimento no orkut tah !!
Mtos bjo!