Wednesday, April 6, 2011

30 Things I Love about Silvia

Happy 30th Silvia

1. I love that where every she goes she makes friends so easily, whether its the lady from DMV that she meet today while renewing her license or the landlord of my clinic who can't stand me but loves Sil.

2. I love that she loves to shake it whether its to the beat of drums in the middle of strangers on a train in Rio or a dance battle between her and me.

3. I love that she knows the lyrics to more American songs than I do and she has only been in America for 5 years. And we aren't talking just recent songs, she knows the 70's 80's and 90's songs

4. I love her smile. It's big, it's beautiful, and its always there.

5. I love how she gets scared so easily. If I pretend that I'm talking to that ghost guy, Jacob from LOST, she'll start freaking out yelling, "Justin that's not funny! Stop that right NOW!.6. I love that she is so clean and organized. One messy person is enough for one household.

7. I love that she is able to look past all my faults and shortcomings and still love me.

8. I love that she is an awesome cook. When she make Brazilian meals just here rice and beans alone are so insanely good.

9. I love to listen to here talk Portuguese with here friends and family. It sounds like she is singing, laughing, and surprised all at once with either a "Nossa"(no way) or "Mayo"(dude) every 5 seconds without fail. If you don't know any Portuguese and want to have a conversation with a Brazilian just say "Nossa" or "Mayo" every now and then and you could be there for a solid hour.

10. I love that even though she doesn't like surfing, she'll go out and charge Cowells on beach days.

11. I love how she is so dedicate to Crossfit. She has gone 3-4 times a week for the last year.

12. I love how after taking self-defense classes for 2 months at I.M.S., there's a good chance she can choke me out if we wrestle.

13. I love how when we go to the beach she knows everyone on the volleyball courts, and everyone is so excited to see her.

14. I love that last Friday she let me go surfing three times and was excited that I went that many times in one day. That might change when the baby gets here.

15. I love that she loves my family as much as I do and she really makes herself apart of their lives.

16. I love that the first time we meet he gave me the biggest hug and was so excited that I made it to the beach house even though she didn't know me. She just makes people feel welcome, wanted, and loved.

17. I love when she pronounces the California state flowers as "Puppies."

18. I love how competitive she is. She never wants to loose a volleyball game even if its a friendly game at the church.

19. I love how she has such a strong faith.

20. I love how she is willing to sacrifice her own time and energy to help others.

21. I love her laugh and how through her eyes you can see pure joy.

22. I love how she puts me in my place when I'm wrong which is pretty often, but then forgets about it 5 minutes later.

23. I love how she says that she is going to speak to me in Portuguese all day so that I can learn it and then 5 mins. later she forgets and is speaking English to me again.

24. I love how she sings in the shower the latest Black Eyed Peas' song.

25. I love how she makes every kiss count.

26. I love how she continues to grow and learn and push herself, like how she is learning a third language.

27. I love how she gets hooked on the most retarded shows on T.V. like the "Flavor of Love" and "American Idol." But I must say American idol is much better this season with their new judges and James Durbin, Pia and Paul McDonald are pretty amazing. They'll be in the top three for sure.

28. I love how she makes me get hooked on the most retarded shows on T.V. I can't believe the Bachelor this season. What a stiff robot.

29. I love how when we hold hands they just fit.

30. I love how when she hugs me I know I am loved.
Happy Dirty Thirty Silvia, Love Lots, J

12 comments:

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

You two make me me happy. You guys should honestly teach a marriage class. The love, respect, and friendship you two have is inspiring.

One thing I love about Sil is that she is genuinely happy for people.

I love you Sil. I'm so lucky to have you as a friend.

Gladys said...

oh my word! this makes me so happy. so glad my dear friend sil has a wonderful man who loves her. you two are so amazing.

also, i laughed out loud when you said she pronounces poppies-puppies. hahahaha. i love my little brazilian!

<3

Unknown said...

Justino e Silvia.
"mayo", to sem palavras pra descrever a emocao ao ler essa dedicacao de amor.
Justinu, voce eh um cara de sorte e num eh pouca nao viu "mayo".
Por favor, da pra colocar o video da hot mama; excuse me, steaming mama lifting that huge weight over her head.
Parabens pra voce sempre Sil, pelo seu dia e pela pessoa linda que voce eh!

Moore Family said...

So sweet Justin! Congrats on the baby as well. You will make a great father!

Unknown said...

I love how amazing you both are!!!! Love it Justin and Silv

Sandra said...

Nossa Silvinha, meu que legal!rs Justin, learn this one: mandou bem! :)

Christy and Jason said...

Great post Just! Silvia, hope your day was wonderful. My 30 favorites are coming your way, sorry they will be late! love you!

Renee said...

This is the cutest thing ever! Print it out in case computers die forever someday. :)

mikeandmarina said...

So sweet Justin. Sil is a catch!

Kara Hanson said...

That's so tender.... this baby is going to change that list quite a bit (or add to it I mean). Justin you are so lucky you found her! We love her and you

MAEH said...

Love it! Sil our 30 things we love about is coming, I just have to cut and paste Justin's. :)

RC Cola said...

Happy 30th!