Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Week of Sweets is over

Halloween is one of my favorite Holidays. Its a day when you can walk around in anything you want or lack of any thing you want and people just smile and write it off and say 'its Halloween.' It's a chance to express your creativity with your pumpkin carving skills and your imagination with your home made costumes.
We started the week off with a Pumpkin Carving contest with my Seminary Class. Judge Jason awarded first place to Leslie and Makena's "Headless Horsemen". Jesse and Jake's "Jack Skeleton" tied Ella and Silvia's Ghost in the "Graveyard Pumpkin". 3rd went to Ally and Jessica. However, on Friday they won 1st in "Who had the most mold growing in their pumpkin contest?" which went great with my Parable of my Pumpkins Lesson.

Trunk or Treat was on Tuesday. Silvia and I dressed up as Little Red Ridding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf. With scary music playing and our trunk decorated with cobwebs, and pumpkins I hid in the back of our car (back seat between the trunk was down) and waited for kids to reach for the bowl of candy in the trunk. Right before they touched the candy my Wolf arms would reach out and crab their hand. I toned it down after I made a few kids cry.

Despite the rain on Halloween Sil and I meet our friends Drew and Angela in Downtown Santa Cruz to check out the Festivities. Everyone looked weird, scary, and bizarre there so. . . I guess you could say there wasn't a big difference in it being Halloween and a regular day in downtown Santa Cruz. It was fun dancing in the streets to the drums as the rain came down. A picture of us landed in the the Sentinel, a local newspaper.

With that I'll leave you with our Halloween Video and a quote from the greatest Halloween movie ever. It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown: "Hey! I got an invitation to a Halloween Party!"
Lucy Van Pelt: "Is the invitation to Violet's Party
Charlie Brown: "Yes. It's the fist time I've been invited to a party."
Lucy Van Pelt: "Brown, if you got an invitation, it was a mistake. There were two lists, Charlie Brown: one to invite and one not to invite. You must have been put on the wrong list"
-Justin
Here is a video of our Halloween Week of Sweets!

8 comments:

Uzi said...

awesome job on the video! Love you guys!ac

jsanti3 said...

Great Vid Justin. You and I have to talk editing some time. What do you use for editing. You're one bad wolf. Aroooorrrarrrrrr!!!!

jsanti3 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jsanti3 said...

Glad to know you use imovie. Carol and I play around with Final Cut Pro. I am also really working on getting up to speed with Adobe After Effects. In any event, those two together would be a crazy combo for editing. We should also Ichat when i get my mac back online

Nead Family said...

looks like you guys had a crazy halloween! love the costumes...justin, theobulb?! seriously...;) all growing up did you really think that was my last name? just kidding...

Angie said...

Hi Justin! Ajay never gets on that blog, in fact he hates it. So I thought I'd say hi. Talk about good costumes, yours are awesome. No, we aren't in Florida anymore. We moved to New York in August. Ajay is getting his LLM in tax at NYU. He'll be done in May. Then who knows where, hopefully somewhere warm by the coast (help me talk him into the need for this-I saw your surf footage, way to go). Hopefully we'll get to meet Silvia sometime soon - You two make a great couple. This is very long... I'll tell Ajay to write.
Angie

ice cream barrels said...

nice threads, hey i got a new post just for you.....

Juliana said...

Silvia! Que lindo o seu blog! :o)
Beijinhos,
Ju