Sunday, October 19, 2008

Surf and Turf

Silvia has been blogging about all the things she has been doing so I thought I would post a few videos of what I have been up to when I have some free time. If there is swell in the water and the tides are right, you can find me in the water usually surfing the east side of Santa Cruz. Since I'm goofy footed, I like to go left (frontside) on waves. Unfortunately, Santa Cruz is the land of Right point breaks. There are very few lefts and the lefts that are here are very fickle. My favorite spot to go when the tide is right is wind and sea. Here is a clip of me dropping into a little nugget.



When there isn't any swell in the water I usually go to the skate park and mess around. Here are two clips of me at the Ben Lomond skate park. We are lucky here in Santa Cruz County. There are three killer parks all within 10 minutes of my house.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Justin...that was a sick wave! I will be up in Monterey around Christmas. We should surf.

Con

jsanti3 said...

Justin, next time I expect you bring the beach cruiser in the skate park and tear it up! Awesome man.

robaran said...

Justin! What's up? I haven't seen you in years. I am so glad to hear that you are living the dream (santa cruz, chiropracter, surf/skate guy), beautiful wife, etc. I'm so happy for you! I'm actually living in Malawi right now which is actually really fun as well, beautiful beaches (on a lake) mountains, great people, etc. You can see our blog at robaran.blogspot.com. Its great to be in touch again!

Shima

ps. We hope to move to Cali at some point . . . if we are lucky enough.

Elizabeth said...

What's up Justin? Good to see a post from you too to see what you are up to. I can't believe you are a seminary teacher! That is awesome and I'm sure the kids all love you, but I know it has got to be hard. My dad would love to hear from you. Here is his email, and real address, I didn't know which one you wanted.

cgermany@pacbell.net
130 Sherwood Dr.
Providence, UT 84332

You know, now that you have so many cool friends in Michigan, you and Sylvia should come for a visit! Great to hear from you!