Sunday, February 24, 2013

Introducing Laila Jane McLeod

Its been a month now since Laila was born and I have been trying to tell the birth story, but finding time to write with two kids under a year and half is difficult.  Thank goodness that we have had the wonder help of Silvia's mother.  She has been a God sent.
Laila Jane McLeod was born at 10:52 p.m. on Monday January 21st which was Martin Luther King Day this year.  She weighed 6 lbs. 10 oz.
Laila is pronounced with the "ai" as a long "i" sound.  I was spelling it Lila, but Silvia said that in Brazil they spell it Laila.
Laila mean "Born at Night," "Dark-haired Beauty" or "Divine Creation." in German it also means a shade of purple.
 Jane is a family name.  She was my favorite aunt who passed away when I was in eighth grade.  She was so kind, beautiful and full of life.   She always made me feel like I was important.  The Hebrew meaning of Jane is "God is Gracious."


2 comments:

Christy and Jason said...

Very cute pics! Welcome Laila Jane!

benae said...

I love the pics, what a lil gem she is.