Sunday, May 15, 2011

Durbin Day Turns to Durin Year

Let me start by saying I usually hate watching American Idol, but Silvia watches it every season. This year I ended up watching a few episodes and got sucked in. The new judges were a step in the right direction and the talent they had this season was insane. One of the best and our favorite was James Durbin who is from Santa Cruz. Unfortunately, he was voted off last week and didn't make the finally three.
James said on stage last night that he was so emotional when he got voted off because he knew that only the top three get to go home and do a homecoming concert. It wasn't until Friday night right before he went on Leno that he was told that they were going to let him do a homecoming concert at the Beach Boardwalk. Silvia, I, the Erye family and about 30,000 other people crowded the beach to watch Durbin rock it live.

Instead of giving him the key to the city, the mayor a Santa Cruz gave him a surfboard to the city and dedicated for the first time ever, not Durbin Day, or Durbin week, or Durbin month, but Durin year. 2011 is official here in Santa Cruz year of the Durbin

3 comments:

MAEH said...

Looked awesome! So fun!

Baker Family said...

Thanks for recording it. I missed the concert, but now I feel like I was right there with you guys :)

Christy and Jason said...

very fun!