Sunday, August 16, 2009

Yosemite Bear Attack

Sil's one wish in going to Yosemite was to see a bear. We pulled into Yosemite Valley at 1:00 A.M. Friday night and Sil had to go to the bathroom super bad. We were walking through Curry Village with our head lamps on when Sil stopped suddenly and let out a yelp. Pointing to the gift shop she whispered, "Look there is bear inside the store."
"Ummmm that is a wood carving of a bear," I replied.
"Ohhhhh I don't have my glasses on. I can't really see."

Saturday we went climbing out in Tuolumne. We top roped at a place called the Western Front and climbed "Green Eggs and Ham" and "March or Dimes"

Here is Christian, Damaris and Enzo Palmer who we tagged along with. I can't believe at eight month prego Damaris went camping for 5 days. She was trying to convience us to let her do one of the rock climbs. (You can see the back side of Halfdome to the left of the Palmers)

On Sunday they had an LDS church services in this cute little church with Sentinal Rock behind it and Yoesmite Falls infront of it. It was a really good service about keeping the Sabath day Holy. One of the speakers, Brother Hill use to live in Pleasanton and coach my city league basketball team when I was 12.After church we broke the Sabbath by jumping off this bridge and swimming in the Mered river. Why does it feel so good to be so bad

3 comments:

Glady said...

HAHAHAH. The story about the Silvia thinking that there was a bear in the store is CLASSIC. So Silvia, and so funny. I'm really glad you shared that story.

But, thank you for the compliment on my photographs. It means a lot to me since I want to pursue a career in it. I don't use special filters when I shoot, but I do sometimes use color filters on photoshop. It's really cool.

PopPhoto.com is a really good website. I follow them on twitter and they always post "how tos" and step by step instructions on editing. Other than that, best way to become better is to keep shooting. I know that's how I do it :)

Miss you guys. Please let me shoot you sometime.

Angie said...

hi justin! we just had dinner with someone who knows you. her name is lisa, but i don't remember her last name. you taught her daughter in seminary. small world! she is good friend with my aunt and they were just in the city on vacation.

thanks for the info on picnik.com. i got on there once, but i forgot about it. that'll save me some time!

we are moving back to florida next week, ajay got a job in tampa. one of these days we'll be on the same side of the country and get together and meet Silvia!

have a good summer. ajay can't believe that i've never been to yosemite.

kim said...

i'm so impressed w/your guys climbing skills and loved all the great pics! still haven't been to yosemite, now i really want to go.